Weight-Loss Nutrition Counseling
I worked as the club nutritionist for Fitness Unlimited after graduating Umass Amherst until deciding to move to Weight Loss Clinic in Cambridge. I was a very successful and requested nutritionist at the clinic. When the clinic was sold ten years ago, I branched out seeing private clients. These clients are typically counseled one on one, weighed once per week, and maintain a food journal. The program is very flexible to a person’s needs and teaches lifestyle changes.
Let’s Get Started! All you need is some commitment and motivation and I will help you with the rest.
- Commitment: Before starting you really need to make a commitment. Permanent weight loss takes time and effort. To stay committed you need to be ready and focused.
- Motivation: Make sure you are doing this for yourself. Support is important from your family and your nutritionist. This is why weekly weigh-ins and counseling sessions will really help to keep you on track.
- Realistic goals: Everyone would love to lose 5 lbs a week but that is impossible to maintain or keep off. It takes cutting back 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of fat. A realistic goal is 1-2 lbs per week.
- Be Active: You can help toward that 3500 deficit you are trying to create by taking a 2 mile walk to burn 200 calories, a one hour exercise class can burn up to 600 calories. Everything you do helps.
- Change Habits For Good: For long-term weight loss new habits must become a way of life. Try it and the way you feel will be worth it!
Why is Personal Training Right For You?
- You want to lose weight
- You’re not seeing results
- You don’t know how to exercise
- You’re bored with the exercise you’re doing
- You need accountability
- You have an injury and need to know how to work around it
- For convenience and having exercise at your own schedule
Group Fitness Classes
I teach fitness classes through Brookline Adult Education. You can find me in the course catalog or choose my name from the instructor list in ‘search’: http://www.campusce.net/brookline/search/search.aspx